Monday, June 25, 2012

Beauty

On the day we went to Delphi we also stopped by a monastery in Osios Loukas. I thought I had a pretty good idea what the definition of beauty was and then I walked into the monastery. I literally just walked in and stopped. All I could do was look around me and soak everything in. It was if I was paralyzed by the pure beauty emanating  from the walls. I was held in the gaze of  the most powerful figures in religion that developed from the very history I was witnessing at Delphi. As if to be the cherry on top, when standing outside the monastery all you could hear were birds singing in the background.

The altar

All in all the monastery has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen and I will never forget the sights I've seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment