Friday, June 29, 2012

Staring

There hasn't been too much going on this week, just because we've gotten into a routine. I will have more to talk about this weekend when we go on our excursion to Corinth.

One big difference between the Greek culture and American culture is staring and not smiling or looking friendly or...anything. In America if you make eye contact with someone there is usually a passing smile or a quick look away. Here in Greece guys will stare you down and not in the "I think you're cute" kind of way. They literally just stare at you, no smile or anything. It's something that I have not quite gotten use too. I'm generally a friendly person and I smile at people when I happen to make eye contact with them walking down the road and I really miss that being reciprocated back to me.

I'm loving Greece, but I'm definitely missing some of my American culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment